Monday, June 21, 2010

Fulkerson Family Picnic II and Trip to Illinois

We had a great time this weekend visiting family in Illinois. The kids had such a good time that they are both still sleeping!! Both?? Yup, we lost one. Matthew stayed behind with his grandparents for a few extra days. We'll meet them in Rockford on Wednesday to pick him up.

We took off Thursday around noon. Rob had taken the day off, as I refuse to let him work a full day before leaving on a trip EVER AGAIN!!! Or at least until the kids are older :) We got all packed up and ran some errands while waiting for a package to arrive. It came right before lunch, so we ate and left. I had a migraine that day, so packing wasn't a whole lot of fun and neither was the drive down. But we arrived with no real problems and had a good time visiting with Rob's parents, grandparents, and his aunt and uncle from Florida.

On Friday, Rob and I took the kids to the Children's museum. Anna was like a pinball in a pinball machine! She couldn't settle on one activity the entire time. We finally gave up following her around and just found a bench in a central location to watch her. The boys had a good time at the pizza parlor exhibit and even made me a kiwi pizza. Can't imagine what that would taste like for real!

We dropped the kids back off and Rob and I snuck in a mini-date. We ate at Steak 'n Shake then hit a few stores, all within two hours! Not bad! When we got back, Anna was down for a nap and I decided to get in some cardmaking time while Rob also napped. I took some meds before I started, Rob thinking that a little more Tylenol would help the headache. It did, but it also made me jittery. I eventually needed a nap myself!

That evening, I had a Pampered Chef party at my sister's house. She's a new consultant. The party ended up just being me and my two mommies, but it was lots of fun. I also prepped her for her Stampin Up! workshop in July.

Saturday was the Fulkerson Family Picnic. We had a ball! We all met at a park and ate and let the kids play, then when it got too hot we went back to Mom and Dad's to let the kids play in the pool. We also celebrated my mom and one niece's birthdays, which are this week. It was so fun to see all ten of the cousins playing together! We had a great time. I'm always amazed by how twenty people can fit into my parents' house, but it works. Also helps that the kids are so little :) I'll have pictures up on FB hopefully today sometime.

Sunday we attended church with my parents. Ben and Anna did okay in their class, but Matthew was a little freaked out, so he ended up in the service with us. We took off shortly afterwards and went to Rob's grandmother's 99th birthday party. I wish we could have stayed longer, but Anna was getting rowdy and Ben was lapsing back into bad behavior. (He was a real pistol the first two days of the trip, calmed down on the third, then got all crazy again.) We left and had a nice trip home. We stopped at a Cracker Barrel for Rob's Father's Day supper. Besides making breakfast that morning, it's the only real thing we did for him. The stamp set I planned to use to make his card did not come in in time and is present is also still in limbo. Hopefully I'll get them today!

All in all, a really great trip!

No comments: