Tuesday, November 22, 2011

First room done!

I am please to report that after 17 days of living in our new place, we have one room completely unpacked! Not sorted and put together to my satisfaction, but there are no more boxes in the boys bedroom...or Anna's, now that I think about it! But her room is still in the sorting process, so it doesn't count :) I took a picture of their room and I will post pictures in a private album on Facebook soon.

My stamp area was actually the first "room" put together, but there is still half a box of office supplies sitting in it, so it is not the winner. I'm very happy with my new stamping area, as almost everything is in arm's reach. All I need is an office chair on wheels and I'd have it all :)

The downstairs is progressing nicely. We have a small pile of boxes left in the living room, a larger pile in the dining room, and boxes waiting to come inside on the back porch. Our hope is that we can get most of it put away while Rob is off for Thanksgiving. We've decided to stay home this year and just work on the house. It's been very slow going due to my physical condition, trying to run our normal lives amidst the chaos, and Rob's crazy work schedule, but we are making progress.

The kitchen, while unpacked, is still a challenge. We have no utensil drawers, so we're trying to figure out the best way to keep all of our normal "drawer" stuff from taking over the counter. My long-range plan is to put a buffet piece in the dining room, but for now it's all in decorative tins :)

Rob and I's room is the least put-together. Our box springs broke, so the bed cannot be put together properly. We also have multiple boxes that remain packed--and quite frankly WILL remain unpacked b/c the room is only used for sleeping :)

So we're getting there, even if it's moving slowly. I can't wait to get out the Christmas decorations and see how great this place looks all dolled up for the holidays!

No comments: