Friday, October 26, 2012

Fun Times

Wow, my postings have really dwindled!  Thought I would take a moment and put up a post about the fun stuff we've being doing around here recently.

Rob and I had a chance to go on a date that turned out to be completely free.  Our local coffee roasters, Berres Brothers,celebrated 20 years in the business this past Saturday and Rob and I received an invite for a special tour.  We contacted Emilie, the kids favorite babysitter, and she offered to sit for free if we'd let her practice her budding photography skills on the kids.  No problem!  We got to try some of the new coffee flavors coming out next year and won lots of freebies.  I won a pound of coffee in a drawing, we both won free drinks answering questions (although Rob helped me answer mine), we played a game and Rob won a coffee scoop and I won a travel mug, we both won coffee packets, and in our last game Rob won coaster and I won a $5 gift card!  And we both got coupons.  We ate lunch afterwards in the cafe and I had a free lunch coming for my birthday plus 20% off Rob's lunch.  We used my gift card and the lunch was free!  The only thing we ended up buying was some more coffee b/c one of our coupons was only good that day.  We'll use the free drinks and the other coupon on my birthday to treat all of us to a hot drink.  It was really fun to do the tour and go on a free date.

Anna got to go to the annual children's class at MBBC put on by her former Sunday school teacher.  The class is for children up to kindergarten age so this will be our last year going :(  The students read to the kids and Anna found her new friend, Anna.  The other Anna is a student from China and she and my Anna had a ball reading and talking to each other.  Anna got to go in a costume and she wore a red skirt made by Grandma Litwiller and a shirt that said "Princess."  She got some fun toys and snacks as we left and had a marvelous time.

The boys were able to attend a class Halloween party for the first time!  The Johnson Creek library had a Halloween party for homeschool kids in grades K-4 yesterday.  They went in costume and had a grand time playing games, making crafts, and eating snacks.  The librarian sent me the menu ahead of time and read packages so I would know how to plan.  Thankfully the only thing they had to avoid was black licorice (which they don't like anyway) and the cookies.  I took some gluten free cookies for them to frost with the kids.  They were both very well behaved and had a grand time.  And I had a grand time reading a book in the corner of the library while I waited :)

I'll update later on all of the health issues and such, but I wanted to start with the fun stuff first!!

No comments: