Friday, February 17, 2017

Valentine's Day 2017

Did I ever mention that I am not a fan of Valentine's Day?  Maybe it's the excessive amount of pink or the fact that conversation hearts flow like water and taste horrible.  I don't know.  But it's not my fave.  That didn't stop us from celebrating though, because I will participate in the weirdest of holidays if it involves presents :)

Rob and I knew we would have next to no time to do anything on the actual day, so we gave each other some simple gifts ahead of time.  He bought me a beautiful bouquet of red and white flowers and Evian water.  When the kids asked what was so special about Evian water I told them it has a red flip-top lid.  And seriously, that's what I like about it :)  I bought Rob some funny Valentine's boxers with hedgehogs on them and his favorite Lindt coffee chocolate.  I know--Rob should have bought me chocolate too but right now everything under the sun bothers my stomach/intestines so water was truly the safest thing I could have.

I had to do a little hunting to find exactly what I wanted to get for the kids.  When the gluten free grocery store was open in town, they carried a candy bar that we all loved.  It kind of reminded us of Kit Kats.  I decided to track it down online and found something by the same company that was a little different and tastes almost exactly like a Kit Kat!  The kids loved them, especially the boys, who can remember eating those candy bars.  I also found them Lego Batman minifigures, which took a bit of doing because they are sold out everywhere.  I happened upon them in Walgreens, of all places, and the kids were thrilled.  That night I took them to see the Lego Batman movie, which was one of the best movies I have ever seen in a theater.  I think the adults in attendance enjoyed it more than the kids!  Their Litwiller grandparents sent some money for Valentine's Day and we decided it would be perfect for getting popcorn and drinks for the kids. 

Ben and Anna had theory class in the afternoon and they decided to bring some treats to their classes.  Well, Ben only brought treats to his teacher.  He is the only boy in his class and thought it would be weird to bring treats to girls.  I told him he should dress in a suit and take a rose to each of them, but I couldn't convince him to do it. 

All in all, not too bad a day for a holiday I don't enjoy :)

No comments: