Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Price Was Right

This weekend, we went to Illinois for a three-fold purpose. First, we traded in the Vue for a used car. What's funny is that the used car is newer than the Vue! Rob had called my dad to get some advice about trading it in for something so we can lower our car payments. My dad called back later to inform us that he had something on the lot that might work for us. God allowed all the details to work out and we picked up our grey '09 Pontiac G6 last Friday. We absolutely love it. With no more baby equipment to haul around, we fit very comfortably in a car. And I have to say, we much prefer the car to the SUV.

Second, my sister hosted a Stampin UP! workshop. There were five people in attendance, three of whom had little to no stamping experience. It was fun to go through product with them, but even more fun to watch them open up and become more comfortable as the night went on. By the final piece of the final card, they were acting like expert stampers! So fun to see and always a joy to share what I love to do with others.

And third, we attended a family birthday party on Saturday. My cousin and aunt were celebrated with a lunch and big family get-together. There were an aunt and uncle up from Mississippi that I hadn't seen in years. The only problem was the oppressive heat. Mandy and I tried to keep the little ones indoors and boys came in and out as needed.

In between all of that, we enjoyed visits with family. Rob and I were treated to a date, as my parents gave us one for an anniversary gift. We didn't do anything amazing, but we did have three wonderful hours w/o kids and my parents even put the children to bed! So nice :)

Sunday we went to church and then had a relaxing afternoon with my parents. We left close to four and had a good time driving the new car home. God has been so good to us.

And, just today, we had a new nephew enter the world. Rob's baby brother has his own baby now, Davis Alton Litwiller. He can't believe his little brother is a daddy now, but I'm sure he and Kim will be wonderful parents. Even if they didn't take my name suggestion, I'll still buy him birthday presents. :)

3 comments:

Megan R said...

Yay for a new car!

We actually lost a lot cargo/trunk space going from the car to the "crossover" vehicle, and that's something I'm going to miss.

Shanti said...

I bet the car has more pickup too. :-P

If we knew for sure we weren't having a fourth child, we'd probably go with a newer car option. Just better gas mileage...and better pricing all around. Minivans are so stinking expensive!

Beverly said...

Was "Bob-bob" one of your name suggestions? If so, hmmm...well, just sayin'... ;-)