Saturday, February 5, 2011

Busy, Busy Week!

We had a rather interesting and busy week this past....week. Hmm...running low on words, I guess! Rob's department had Monday off to let the other departments catch up, so we decided to go to the Milwaukee Public Museum. We wanted to get there early because the storm was expected to hit us sometime in the afternoon. We left around 8:30, got about 10 miles down the road, and turned around for home. Apparently, it decided to start a early. The kids were a little disappointed, but handled the change of plans well. We went to Walmart instead and got a few things for Sky the English parakeet. I'm so glad we were there early because apparently the people of Watertown completely panicked about the coming blizzard and swarmed the store later in the day. I found that to be rather silly considering that our town is quick to clean off the streets, but I guess if it made everyone feel better....

I decided not to play "mean teacher-mommy" and let the kids have the day off school, even though our field trip plans were cancelled. And I wasn't feeling well. I decided to skip Bible study on Tuesday morning as I didn't want to drive in the snow. We had a nice, restful day...and then the blizzard hit. The Custom Shoppe shut down on Wednesday and Rob was able to stay home and spend much of the day shoveling. We don't have a snowblower...and don't really need one with what little we have to shovel. Didn't look like the people WITH snowblowers were able to use them anyway! Our neighbor gave up partway through and just took out a good, old shovel. Ben went over to "help" him out with his little shovel. We were able to get to church that night since the storm was basically over by mid-morning. We have a great snow plow crew here in town and everything was cleaned off by afternoon.

Thursday was another busy day as we had two activities to attend. And of course, two of the kids were up before Rob left, so I knew I'd be dragging cranky people around all day. We attended Mom's group in the morning (and I put the cranky people in the nursery!). There were more moms than usual in attendance with two new people. I picked up the kids from the nursery and treated them to Happy Meals at McDonald's. Then we were off to the Johnson Creek library for a Valentine craft day. Anna and Matthew were in their element for sure! Both of them love making crafts. I didn't really have to help Matthew at all and Anna only needed a little guidance here and there. She's doing so well! Ben only made two or three crafts, then just sat there. The early morning rising had caught up with him and he was exhausted. I didn't think he would even make it to the car!

There were two reporters at the craft day taking loads of pictures of the kids. The photographer from the Watertown paper kept taking tons of pictures of Anna. She was on the front page of the paper, along with two other children, and so cute! Her picture was also on the website that day. Matthew may or may not have been in the other paper, but we are not sure yet. So exciting!

Friday was a more low-key day for us and we ended it with a fun family Wii night. We're trying out Disney's Epic Mickey. The boys and Rob really love it! Once my headache goes away, I'll try it out as well.

And I'm looking forward to some fun stamp events next week, along with a quieter schedule!

No comments: