Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh, the Irony

Today in the mail I received some coupons for McDonald's. They are only good at the Watertown location and expire in early December. As you recall, McDonald's was destroyed in a fire a couple of weeks ago. Brother.

In other news, this is a very challenging week for Rob. He has two tests tomorrow, one on Thursday, and two papers due Thursday. He has another huge paper due right before Thanksgiving, so if you could pray for him when you think about it, we'd appreciate it.

We received a nice, large financial gift last week. Someone rang our doorbell and left some money on the door. We were rather surprised but very thankful for God's gift.

Matthew is doing well with his schooling but I think the reading lessons are starting to bore him again. He is doing well with it so I hate to change things around on him. He just finished lesson 41 and has just a few to go before he earns his trip. Good Matthew funny: We were reading a simple book called "Baby Goes Shopping" where it asked what the baby wanted and then had pictures of 8-10 things the baby wanted to buy. Matthew finished it and said, "My, that baby is selfish! He wants everything!"

Benjamin has finished the first lesson in the reading book as well. I think he's craving the attention from Mommy more than the ability to read, but he actually understood it all so we'll work on it whenever he wants to. He is the proud owner of Superman footie pajamas, complete with cape, and I'm hoping to get them off his body and into the wash sometime in the near future.

Anna has her first tooth coming in and she's an angel about it. I'm kind of wondering what is going to make this baby fussy, if anything. She still won't eat solid food but she will suck on a Mum-Mum cracker. She is now using crawling as a means to get somewhere in order to pull up on furniture. She doens't quite cruise yet, but she tries a little. Rob told her to slow down yesterday and she laughed at him. She also says "Da-da" now and burped it out at him on Saturday, complete with a "blow" so he got a good whiff of formula in the mix. That's my girl!

As for me, I'm starting to feel better. I started on Vita-Lea, a vitamin from Shaklee, and I can already tell an improvement in my energy levels. I'm also using their Basic H cleaner and I love it. It's the first time I can clean my house without a gas mask or coughing to death.

That's us for now!

2 comments:

The Hawker Family said...

you could always go wait for them to re-open to use the coupons!

Beverly said...

Woohoo! We're Shaklee fans around here. Their basics package IS my pre-natal vitamin regimen...though I'm on it constantly, regardless of whether I have a little bun cooking or not.