Monday, December 8, 2008

Update

Hmm...haven't posted for awhile. I'm usually too tired to put together a coherent thought in the evenings, but since I had a nap today, I'm good to go!

When last I posted, we had a sleepover going on. It went well and the boys ended the evening by watching the first Narnia movie (which they love.) Matthew kept asking Rob if he was still awake but Ben fell asleep half-way through. I had a nice time working on my Christmas cards, especially since Anna went to sleep early. We had a great Thanksgiving and the food was wonderful. Our tree decorating didn't go so well, but that's because the two adults were rather grouchy. Matthew had a pouty face for most of the evening and I apologized for Rob and I's bad attitudes. We finished the evening with some fun stuff.

On Saturday, we went to the Parade of Lights and had some friends over for the parade and chili afterwards. Thankfully it wasn't too cold and we didn't freeze this year...or stand on the bridge :) The kids collected lots of candy, glow sticks, and Ben got two teddy bears. Anna wasn't too impressed with the parade, but she liked watching all of the people. We had a nice time afterwards fellowshipping with Matthew's future in-laws (he is determined to marry Kaitlyn unless God has someone for him that he doesn't know...his words exactly!)

For the past week, we've just been getting back into our Daddy-less schedule. (Can you tell I'm ready for the semester to end??) Matthew has gone back to his reading lessons and is now at lesson 49. He doesn't like them, but he does them anyway and is learning. One of the phrases I've been teaching him is "Sometimes we have to do things we don't like to do." It's been helpful on many occasions to get him to do something. He even used it on his poor grandma when he had to say good-bye to her this weekend.

We went down to Illinois this past weekend to celebrate our nephew's first birthday. We spent one night with my parents and one with Rob's. It was nice to see everyone, but we were very exhausted. Large family gatherings take a lot out of both of us. The boys, especially Matthew, seem to thrive in large groups. Anna didn't take too well to it after a bit but she held out for a large part of the party. All three kids were asleep in no time after we got back to Rob's parents' home, which was a blessing.

Our latest Anna update: Rob popped her in bed with me briefly this morning and she said, "Ba-ba! Ba-ba! Ma-ma, ba-ba!" She also ate lots of fries yesterday at lunch, bringing her total amount of foods she's willing to eat to three, none of which are healthy for her. I tried peas tonight...no dice. We'll keep trying until we see her doctor in two weeks and we'll see what's up. Current theories are as follows: she had no taste buds, she has few taste buds, she's not ready for solids yet, she's the weirdest baby some have ever seen, and don't worry about it. Feel free to insert your own theory into the list :)

We are getting lots of snow today and I'm kind of hoping for a snow day tomorrow. I'd love to have Rob home all day again. He has this week and finals week left and then he gets to spend Christmas break working on his first paper for Biblical Studies Seminar. I told him tonight, "Well, guess I'll see you in May!" I'd love to have a date with him more than once a semester but it sure doesn't seem to work out. I guess I'll just have to be thankful for the small bits of time I get to spend with him each day.

I think that's all. Seems like the kids have said some funny stuff lately but I can't remember it now. I should write these things down....if I could find paper and a pen.....

No comments: