Thursday, November 18, 2010

Health Update

It feels like absolutely forever since I've been to church due to sickness and injuries around here! Rob caught a cold back in October that has a lingering cough that he still hasn't gotten rid of. I think Matthew had the same thing back in August and he's over the cough now. Ben came down with it a week after our trip to Illinois, so he and I stayed home the first Sunday of the month so he wouldn't spread his germs. Since all he has left is the cough, he's been cleared to go since.

The day before he came down sick, I worked all day at a craft fair with my upline at her craft/SU booths. It was alot of fun, but I was rather the sore the following day. Since Ben was sick, I took the opportunity to stay home with him. That evening, he and I worked on getting the final summer clothes out of their drawers and the last of the winter clothes into the drawers. I then kicked/shoved the huge tub of clothes into the hallway and pulled a muscle in my leg. It wasn't until three days later that I figured out what my problem was! I thought I was still sore from the craft fair, but it was that tub that did it.

Then the day after I finally felt all healed from the injury, I came down with the head/chest cold thing. I think I'm finally over the worst of it and am just left with the cough. Anna has as of yet to show any signs of coming down with it, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

There is a silver lining to this cloud: A bunch of kids around here are coming down with a stomach bug. By keeping Ben home when I have, he's missed contact with the siblings of these children. I'm hoping our household is spared of that illness!

No comments: