Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fibro Treatment Update

I have been feeling so much better lately that it's been hard to stop and focus on what still needs improvement. There is more work yet to do, especially in the area of my sensory problems. I have been paying more attention lately to what sets me off, and it's mainly church (or large group gatherings) and playing Wii. And don't combine the two in the same day :)

I payed very close attention in church today and noticed that only the sound system bothered me. I was fine during the music service, but noticed the problems creeping up when ever someone spoke into a microphone. It's hard to describe what I'm feeling, but I'll give it a go. Basically, I feel funny in the head :) My ears start to feel....something...not numb, but more of a foggy feeling. See, hard to describe! But I know when it's happening and it triggers my "flight or fight" reaction. Sometimes it gets so bad that I have to leave the service. And on a bad day in church, it will continue to bother me when I go home. I can't stand being around the kids when they are noisy and everything makes me cranky.

Today I was feeling a little off after church, but then we went out to a restaurant afterwards. The music combined with the chatter of the patrons (and my own children) made me want to leave before we even got our meals. I stuck it out, but am still feeling "off" today. I had to take a nap when we got home just to get some relief. And of course, I am still unable to go back to church for the Sunday evening service. I can't imagine how horrible I would feel subjecting myself to that two times in one day.

I did play some Wii this afternoon (my arms and hands finally feel good enough to do that again) but the sensory part set me off again. I think it's worse b/c of church this morning. So, I know I'm going much better once I can get back to two services on Sundays and I can play Wii.

I have started the next round of stuff, which is targeting my gut (cleaning out any parasites that are in there) and cleansing my nerves. I have nine bazillion pills to take this time but I'd rather do that than another powder. But I end up drinking a huge amount of water to get all that stuff down, so I'm wondering if it's an evil plot to get me to drink more water :) I will be doing this stuff until early May. It might make me feel crummy tomorrow or Tues, but so far I'm fine. Diet is still the same.

In other news, we found a fabulous gluten-free bakery and it's only 1/2 hour away. We bought bread (cheaper than any we found around here) and some baked goods. Rob and the kids enjoyed coffee cake and some cookies that were divine!! (Yes, I snuck a bite or two!) The bakery has a gluten-free mini-grocery store attached to it and we picked up a few things we can't find in Watertown. We love it and would like to make a trip there about once a month.

And I lost another pound this week!!

No comments: