Saturday, March 17, 2012

Fibro Update: Week 3-2

It's been awhile since I've posted about my fibro treatments, mainly b/c I feel so much better that I had better things to do! I really do feel like a new woman these days. My energy levels are up, I'm more active, and I am "waking up" to all kinds of things around me. Let me kind of bullet point the changes as I think of them.

1. I feel like spring cleaning, and I haven't wanted to do that in years. I'm looking at my home with new eyes, seeing the potential, and actually wanting to do something about it.

2. I sewed! My hands have been way too sore to even attempt sewing in several years, but I have made a few hairbows and repaired one of Anna's princess dresses.

3. I can bend over and pick things up w/o any pain.

4. I can take longer walks and not feel out of breath.

5. I have more energy to take the kids places and no longer dread going to the park. In fact, the last two park visits I stood up talking to the moms the entire time.

6. I have taken the kids shopping by myself several times and don't feel overwhelmed.

I have had some pain flare-ups, but they have been short-lived and I've recovered faster than before. I finished my last cleanse last week and am waiting on some stuff to come in for the next round 'o fun, but it should be the least inhibiting thing by far.

And I have lost a total of 21 pounds so far! The early spring weather did present a new problem: I had no summer clothes! I didn't anticipate having to shop this early for new things. So I have made two trips out and now have the bare minimum wardrobe. I don't want to buy too much b/c I'm still losing weight and I made sure my new things have drawstrings so I can pull them in and try to make them last the summer. But I suppose if I have to go shopping again, it's not all bad, right?? :)

No comments: