Sunday, March 11, 2012

Trip to Illinois

It had been six months since we ventured out of state to visit family. We've had a few visits up here, but my health has not permitted us to travel at all. We had a rather packed visit, but it was fun and while it left me sore, I did better than I expected.

We took off Friday morning and while we had planned to let Rob sleep, the kids were too excited. I'm glad we left when we did because they got tons of snow up here during the day! So glad we didn't get stuck in it. We arrived in the early afternoon and Rob and I went out to shop for the birthday parties. We had dinner at a Chinese Buffet/Hibachi grill with the Litwillers. It was kind of surprising to see how little of the buffet Rob and I could actually eat. Thankfully there was a wonderful hibachi grill, so we loaded up on veggies and meat. The chef was surprised to hear that we didn't want any sauce, but soy sauce contains gluten so we had to go with just water. It was delicious.

Afterwards we all headed back to Rob's parent's home and had a party for Ben and Anna. All of the cousins ripped around the house and we had a great time celebrating the two of them.

The next day was rather busy for me. I did a workshop for my sister in the morning, ate a salad on the road and got to my mom's just in time to set up for her workshop! Anna came with me to my sister's so she could play with her cousin. The boys and Rob paid a visit to GG, which is always one of the highlights of each visit. During my mom's workshop, the kids and Rob went out with my dad and had a fun time. We crashed that evening pretty hard.

The next day, we went back to Normal and attended church with my sister. Well, Rob, Anna, and I did. The boys went to church with my parents then met us for lunch. Anna got to go to Sunday school with her favorite cousin. We enjoyed the service, bought Bibles at the bookstore, and then went to lunch at Qdoba. I'm SO glad I don't have a corn issue. Tacos have been a real lifesaver!

We went back to the church for my nephew's baby dedication and then on home afterwards. And then my real fun began as I furiously prepped for the vendor fair I did yesterday, but that post will be on my stamp blog :)

No comments: