Monday, June 18, 2012

Bragging on Anna

Anna has been very busy making "cards" for all kinds of people.  She even took a purse full of them to church yesterday to hand out to her friends.  But today she amazed Rob and I with this one:

She wanted to make a card for Sophie, my chiropractor's little girl who is around Anna's age.  So she stamped all kinds of pictures all over a piece of typing paper, then she wrote her own name on the back.  She's been touch and go about writing her name recently.  She showed me the paper and said, "I wrote Sophie's name on it, too!"  And there, plain as day, were the letters "S-O-F-E" in Anna's handwriting.  I thought maybe one of the boys had helped her, but both of them were downstairs playing Wii.  So Miss Anna, age 4 years and almost 3 months, sounded out a word by herself and wrote it out phonetically!!  I am amazed!!  She can't even read yet...or at least I don't THINK she can :) 

No comments: