Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bragging on my boys

This week was VBS at our church, although I guess it was really Neighborhood Bible Time.  Not growing up in fundamental circles, I had no clue what this meant but Rob did...and it sounds like the program hasn't changed one iota since he was a boy except for the videos to watch on-line each night.

Anyway, the kids had a blast going each night and tonight was the awards night.  I did not attend the ceremony because of my sensory issues, but I wish I had because Ben was 2nd place out of the 1st graders and Matthew was first place over both the 3rd graders AND all of the Primaries!  So proud of my kiddos!  They do a great job memorizing verses and just love every minute of the time they had.  Thanks to all of the workers!

Anna also came home with her ribbons for each day's achievements.  I was able to help her class by prepping the crafts ahead of time and handing them over to the craft person.  I was happy to be able to find some way to help out!  Oh, and another mom's daughter who has celiac made g-free cookies so the kids had a cookie too!  Good stuff all around!!

No comments: