Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wow, it's been awhile!!

It has been quite a long time since I have updated my blog!  I think the longer it goes, the less I want to update because the more I have to say!!

We haven't been doing anything too terribly exciting around here.  We stayed in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving but went down for an extended trip to Illinois for Christmas.  All five of us are currently crazy for Legos.  I have been having flare-ups with weather changes but on the whole am doing better than I was at this time last year.  Rob has fully recovered from the back injury physically, but we're still trying to catch up financially.  The kids are just over halfway through their school year and are doing well.  We added a handwriting program and while I was nervous about having Matthew start one this late in his school career, he has adapted well and will start cursive this week.  The other two love it!  We also broke down and got a science book because we simply weren't diligent enough to make sure they are getting enough science.  I let the boys pick what they want to study (land animals) and they are soaking up every bit of it.

Today's is Rob's birthday and we treated him to lunch out, apple crisp for dessert, and showered him with cheese balls and chocolate from the new Lindt store at the outlet mall.  Very curious to see how he likes Wasabi flavored chocolate :)  He also redeemed a free coffee he had coming from Berres Brothers, but the caffiene did not deter him from a nice nap.  I had bought him a Wii game a few weeks ago but he accidentally found it and has been enjoying it already.

I will try to update more often....if there is anyone out there still checking on us!

3 comments:

Megan R said...

I still read your blog, Penni!

Lori B said...

I check it everyday! Like to hear about the family! :) Happy Birthday to Rob my carpenter friend!

gpagmafulkersonblogspot.com said...

Hi, don't check it as often as use to, but do check. Thanks for updating.