Thursday, June 21, 2007

Finally, an update

So, I started this blog page about four months ago and never got back to it. That is because I am a technoidiot and couldn't figure out how to get on it again! Oh well, I'm here now.

We've been plugging away at life since last I sent out an update via e-mail to all of our family and friends. Rob finished the semester with good grades and we took one large breath and then plunged into summer school. I took a class on music and Rob is currently taking an American Lit course, which he can't wait to finish. I enjoyed my class quite a bit and have continued to prune my musical preferences. God has been working in my life in so many ways...it may take more posts to tell the story.

Matthew will be turning three next month. He has continued to be his adventureous self and recently went to the ER because of his big toe. He pulled a heavy iron gate onto his toe and sliced it right under the nail. He didn't need stitches, just a big bandage and a whole lot of lovin'. It's healing nicely now and almost looks normal. He kept screaming every time we worked on it so finally, Rob and I screamed with him. He stopped, looked at us and said, "Stop it! You're not supposed to cry!"

Benjamin has morphed into a monkey recently. He is climbing on everything, including tables, chairs, Mommy, the stairs, Matthew's bed, Daddy, and did I mention tables? Sometimes I feel like I'm constantly pulling a child off something or someone. He has learned quite a few words but only chooses a few each day to use. Right now his favorite are "mommy" and "baby". He recently learned to sign "please" but only uses it when he wants something he can't have. He's a silly baby.

Now that I've finally figured this out (like it was really that hard....I'm just a big chicken) I'll be posting more often. My next big goal is to get pictures on this thing so mine can be cooler than Shelly's!

4 comments:

Jesse Rimshas said...

An AmLit course which Rob can't wait to finish? That's probably because he loved the American Transendentalists so much he couldn't wait to absorb their works and get through to their heirs in the likes of T.S. Eliot and Ezra Pound, hmm? Has he started using semi-poetic phraseology? If he starts repeatedly saying "This is the way the world ends," make sure you take him out for some air. :-)

P.S. -- If rob gets that reference I'll sure be a proud English major!

hartgirlies said...

I am so mad right now! I wanted to be the first one to comment on the blog that I have been nagging you to do!
I expect to see pictures, songs, links etc. very soon. I'll give you 24 hours.
Don't worry. Hard as many have tried, they have never been able to be as cool as I am. Sorry, Penni. I just wanted to save you unneeded anguish.

Love ya!

Shelly

Beverly said...

Welcome to the world of Blogdom! I look forward to keeping up with you all!

Shanti said...

dude! when did matthew do that to his toe?? when I was on vacation??