Monday, April 7, 2008

Finding a new normal

I'd love to say that life is going back to normal, but it's not. We're finding a new normal with this new little one in the house. Rob went back to work today, so our schedule will remain the same in that regard. We're just feeling our way around.

I'm feeling better and am handling the dishes now. Yipee. Rob's still doing the heavy lifting (laundry) and other chores, but I'm trying to take over what I can. I actually cooked a meal today (one of those bagged skillet meals) and that was nice. We still have a few friends bringing us meals this week, so that is very helpful. I do have several lingering pains (and some new ones) so I'm not out of the woods yet. I went to the library on Saturday and pretty much exhausted myself doing nothing. I did drive to Walgreens today and discovered that I'm not ready to drive yet. It's good to know these things.....

Miss Anna is a lot of fun. She's a good baby, but a VERY NOISY BABY!!!! She does cry a bit upon waking and then calms down (I tend to do that, too....you know, consciousness...that annoying time between naps) and cries for bottles, but I'm not talking about that noise. She makes a lot of noise while sleeping. She stretches, and grunts, and groans, and it goes on forever. Just when I'm about to haul myself out of bed to see if she needs to burp or needs her pacifier, she quiets down. And then she's so quiet that I have to make sure she's still breathing!

Ben flipped his first pancake on Saturday. Left-handed. (If Jasmine is reading this, I'm sorry!) We were all pretty impressed. He was very proud of himself.

Matthew and I are trying to find time to read again. He is such a good memorizer of books that if I'm busy, he'll "read" a book to Ben, almost word-perfect. Rob got a session of that on video tonight. He also asks us constantly what words start with. He's pretty good at remembering them and can identify several letters now. I'm amazed that he's even interested now....he's been pretty resistant to any form of learning letters until recently. Ben does this as well, but to him everything starts with "a." And as long as you ask the right questions, he gives the right answer every time :)

So, we're progressing on finding our new balance. The boys haven't seemed to miss a beat having a new baby here. Rob and I have gone back into baby mode (which we love...except for the lack of sleep part.) It's just another fun adventure!!!

2 comments:

The Harrisons said...

Aw - you're giving me the baby itch!!!

Unknown said...

Scratch it!!!