Sunday, April 13, 2008

Our First Sunday


This is the outfit Anna wore for her first Sunday at church. The dress (and matching diaper cover) came from a consignment store. The socks were from Uncle Andy and Aunt Melissa and the tights (or looses since they are not tight yet) were a Mommy purchase. We took quite a few pictures and this is the best one w/o a big brother in it. And when Rob told her to smile, she made a face and filled her pants instead. Silly girl! (More pictures will be posted on my Facebook page.)
We did have a nice Sunday with the whole family at church. Anna made it about five minutes into Sunday school before she woke up and I had to feed her. We spent the rest of the hour in the baby nursery. She was awake but happy so we staked out a spot in the back of the auditorium and waited for the service. She was introduced by Rob and the pastor and then two stanzas into the first hymn started to get fussy, so we went back to the nursery so she could stretch. I think I'm just going to start putting her in the nursery b/c there are only two babies in there regularlly and both are pretty independent, so Anna would get plenty of attention. It's also a little easier to leave babies earlier when they are bottle fed. I'm going to try her on Wednesday and see how it goes. One of my friends is working in there so I feel comfortable leaving her.
She was thoroughlly cooed over. So far, she looks like me, she kind of looks like me, she looks exactly like Matthew, she favors the boys, and she is the spitting image of Rob, depending on who you talk to. It really got quite humorous after awhile. Everyone said she was pretty, so I guess it doesn't matter who she looks like.
Even though I heard very little of the service, it was good to get out. She and I stayed home again tonight and I managed to get the dishes done. (That's my daily accomplishment right now.)
Funny story: Last night we went to Wal-Mart. Anna needed to eat, so we staked out a bench. Various people went by commenting on her and asking questions. The best was a lady who stopped and said, "OH! What a beautiful blanket!" (Blanket??) She's making an afghan for a friend who's having a baby and was admiring Anna's. Never once did she comment on the baby...just the blanket. I have to write that one down in Anna's baby book.

2 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Awwwwwww! So cute!!!! Precious!!
She is filling out. Thanks for the picture.

The Harrisons said...

She is so precious! I can't wait to see her!!!