Thursday, April 24, 2008

Life

Here are some tidbits from the past week:

The boys have learned some new skills. Ben can climb out of his crib and can climb into the study. He has also learned how to open the fridge (and Wal-Mart and ShopKo are out of fridge locks...grr....). Matthew can now open the front door and let his little brother out. He can also unlatch the screen door part. Needless to say, I'm having LOTS of fun with all of this.

I bought the Brain Quest games for both of the boys, in their appropriate age groups. They know most of the answers, but it has shown me where I need to focus on some of their early learning skills. Ben's is supposed to help him with word skills. I ask him, "What is Max doing in this picture?" The answer is "Max is putting on his shirt." Ben's answer was, "He's putting on his shirt so that he can go downstairs and open the front door and then his mommy will say you get back in here right now!" Hmm.....I don't think Ben needs work in that area. We'll work on colors instead, because right now everything is green.

Anna decided to christen Matthew tonight with spit-up. Rob had her in the bouncy seat and was letting Matthew feed her. She upchucked all over him. I was laughing pretty hard, but Matthew was crying. Come to think of it, that's probably why I was laughing. As I took him upstairs to change, he kept saying "Ow! Ow!" Didn't know that spit-up hurts....

We're all suffering with colds right now, including the baby. Rob and I seem to have it worst. Anna has a cough, but it's not bothering her otherwise. Anna is also starting to get a more predictable pattern to her days. She has a nice awake time in the morning and evening and naps for two hours in the afternoon (and now overlaps the boys by one hour so I get some rest). She is also sleeping longer at night, but still wakes up for at least two feedings. I do not try to schedule my babies, but instead wait until they have their own schedule set up, then try to help them follow it, always leaving room for them to change it. I just think life's easier for everyone that way. I'm getting used to her noises at night, so that's been better. It would be nice if we had three bedrooms, but even if we had the energy to pack and move somewhere, we can't afford the rentals available right now. That's okay...we like our place. Maybe if we believe hard enough, a new room will grow upstairs.....

Oh, and we've discovered a new kids' show: The Backyardigans. I LOVE IT!!! I'd watch it w/o the kids, but that's because I'm a muscial junkie and this show is like a preschool version of a musical. I do think that the character Uniqua has the weirdest name I've ever heard of, but other than that it gets two thumbs up.

I need to go quiz Rob now. He has all three of his finals tomorrow. Fun, fun.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you've just discovered the Backyardigans! Nicholas loves Pablo. He has a Backyardigans pirate ship that he plays with in the bathtub. I must say I'm not surprised to hear that you would absolutely love a cartoon! ;)

Natalie

Anonymous said...

EVAN locks and unlocks our screen door, which means I have to remember to take the keys with me if I step outside for 5 seconds to throw something into the trash can.

I am loving my crib tent. ;-)

And yeah for Anna starting to sleep longer at night! I didn't schedule either of my kids either, but I'll go out of my way to protect their sleep schedule once we have something that works well!