Monday, March 15, 2010

Mousehunt II

Currently, Rob is putting back all of the tubs into the hall closet. He just finished sealing up the gargantuan hole that the mice were using as a gateway to our home. We're hoping that we won't see them anymore. He's going to set a trap for the next few days to catch anybody that didn't make it to "safety" before the hole was sealed.

The reason for the more drastic measures is because we just keep trapping mice. We caught another one Sunday morning, (live this time in the four-mouse trap) and Rob and I saw one last night before bedtime. Ugh! I was literally frozen in fear and would not cross the dining room to get to the stairs. As I was bracing myself for a run, Rob says, "Don't run fast. It might make them race out again." Yipes! Thanks, hon!

This morning Rob found the trap void of both peanut butter and mouse. Little stinkers. He then reset the trap and told me to have Ben check it. I told Rob no, because then I'd be responsible to make sure Ben threw it out and then cleansed himself properly and THAT wasn't going to happen. I think I may have seen one shoot down the radiator, but my eyes could have been playing tricks on me. I went grocery shopping when Rob got home and he went to work on the closet. Hopefully there will be no more mice in my house!

2 comments:

The Harrisons said...

I have the heebie jeebies just reading this. That happened to us in our old Watertown apt. At least they only made it to the storage outside the actual apartment but we were catching one like every day until we sealed up the hole downstairs they were using to climb in and up to us. Yuck!!

Shanti said...

Sorry to hear you're having such a time with mice! We had that problem in our old house, and John ended up filling up the hole with caulk. That kept them out! Since you're renting, I don't know how that'd work unless you asked the landlord for permission to do something more drastic.