Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oh Boy!

This morning, the boys asked me what we were having for breakfast. I told them they had to eat gruel. After hearing what gruel is, they yelled, "No! Gross!" I then told them they were having gruel for lunch and supper and for dessert, they could have sugar on their gruel. I was carrying Anna at the time and I turned to her and said, "You can have toast and eggies for breakfast, and ice cream, and cookies, and cake, and candy!" She got a slow, smug grin on her face, turned slightly toward the boys and said in a sing-song voice, "Candy and cookies!"

Yes, folks, Anna has reached the stage of understanding. Unfortunately, she didn't understand that I was only teasing and requested sweets for breakfast. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Silly Mommy! The boys will remember some of these special times. Mom L