Saturday, March 27, 2010

Kid Quotes from the Week

Matthew and Anna have kept me pretty amused this week with all of their silly sayings and antics. Let's start with Miss Anna.

At breakfast yesterday, Matthew and I were trying to get her to make animal sounds. I said, "Anna, can you moo like a cow?" Anna said, "C-o-o-o-o-o-w." And proceeded to do that type of thing for the next four or five animals. Matthew told her what she was supposed to do and then she had this "well, duh" look on her face and laughed.

At supper two nights ago, we had fried chicken. Anna said, "Can I have some Q-Bar sauce so I can dip it in my chicken." Not exactly sure how you do that....

We went shopping at Kohl's on Thursday for spring/summer outfits and I while I was looking for some things for Ben, I told Matthew to go find himself some dress pants and polos for church. I figured he's probably ready to start locating his own clothing, not just give me yea's and nay's on choices. He left for a bit, then returned with two pair of pants and a polo. The pants were size 4 and would have been about three inches too short and the polo would have fit Rob. He did find the cheapest pants, however, so we returned the small ones and found the correct size. Then we found the boys polos and he selected two that look great on him. And now he knows his size. :)

Matthew and I went to Aldi's yesterday and on the way there, he started talking about the improper use of the name of God. He said, "Using God's name the wrong way is taking his name insane." Once I could breathe again, I corrected him.

You may notice a lack of Ben in this post. He's had a hard week, so not much of what he's been doing amused me at all. Let's pray for a better week ahead!

4 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Love the quotes from the kids. Cute!!!

The Harrisons said...

Funny stuff. Maybe Matthew has a point - you are insane when you use the creators name as a curse :-) I can't believe Anna is talking so well - I still imagine her a baby :-)

Shanti said...

Hehehe! Love the quotes!! Matthew definitely had truth in that "insane" quote!

BTW...I may be in WI for a week in May. ;-) May 12-14 around there somewhere. I'll be staying at my mom's in Janesville again. John'll be trekking to Milwaukee to meet with his profs. That is tentatively the plan...

Beverly said...

Cute! And I know your feelings with Ben...believe me, there have been days when I just felt I didn't "like" Tobin. Love, yes, but not always like! As in, I would CHOOSE to be around you even if we weren't related! He is definitely growing up, though, and I love AND like him...most days. ;-) Hang in there!!