Saturday, April 3, 2010

Weekly Update

I'm sitting here at the laptop typing a blog post instead of out in the rain at a soccer game. I'd much rather be at the game, I must admit. Matthew is playing spring soccer and today was supposed to be the first game of the season. It rained quite a bit last night and the fields were too soggy for a game. He sniffled a bit as we drove away from the near-empty parking lot. We'll pray for drier fields next week!

We've had a pretty nice week overall, but I will admit it's been frustrating at times. The children have decided to play a game called "Don't let Mommy have a moments rest." The way you play this game is pretend to be occupied with something and then as soon as Mommy thinks she can do something on her own (like dishes, go to the bathroom, etc.) you come and ask her tons of questions or interact improperly with a sibling. It's LOADS of fun if you're under ten. Yeah.

I have managed to sneak in some me time here and there and have gotten lots of cards done. I'm currently working on some wedding cards, which I've never done before. And you know me, they have to be different!

Last night we went to the Easter Cantata at our church. I think that's the first time I ever remember going to a service on Good Friday. We always skipped the ones in Cali (shame on us), I don't think the church I grew up in did one, and they have had them at 1pm here in the past. (Not a good time when you still have nappers.) This year it was at 7pm so we all went. We decided to try to have Anna sit with us in the service. I ordered a cute quiet board from my SU demonstrator for Anna to play with. She lasted about three minutes before I took her to the nursery. Ben last 30 before Rob took him to sit in the foyer. Matthew and I enjoyed it...well, Matthew did anyway. I was very distracted by the children who's parents decided NOT to take advantage of the nursery or quiet room. I'm all for having your kids in the service...if they can remain quiet. People like me with ADD tendencies can't handle the noise!

We did get ourselves a new camera today (in place of the soccer game.) Our old one died on us in the middle of taking pics on Anna's birthday. Rob finished killing it by disecting it on his desk. The new one is much nicer and smaller. All three of the kids have cute new outfits for tomorrow and I need to have pictures of them! I really needed one yesterday after Anna got her Easter gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Fulkerson. She had a pink Minnie Mouse skirt outfit on (received on her birthday) and pulled on the pink and purple bracelets, pink socks and hair bows from Grandma. Then she put on her pink Crocs and carried around her new pink bunny purse. She was quite the vision in pinks and purples! She also insisted on wearing those socks to bed (very dirty after a day of wear) and I finally convinced her to let me wash them this morning.

I think I'm done rambling now.

3 comments:

Shanti said...

I'm with you on the ADD in church! If your kids make noise--take them out!!!

I'm all for training your kids to sit quietly in church--do it at home!! Have a 5 min. quiet time and extend it to where they have to learn to sit quietly for larger periods of time. Let's not practice this in public where we're a distraction for everyone else! Sorry. Pet Peeve of mine--and John's.

gpagmafulkerson said...

I agree with that , too. You can't listen and pay attention when there are children disrupting the service. Parents kids will survive in the nursery.

Beverly said...

Quiet board from your SU! demonstrator?! I'd like to know more about that! Is it something she made with SU! products?