Saturday, September 18, 2010

Garage Sales!!!

We went out garage saling this morning. After doing a full assessment on the childrens' winter wardrobe, I needed nothing for Ben, winter boots for Matthew, and quite a bit for Anna. I had them try on snowpants yesterday and it looks like we're fine there. Watertown is having it's first all-city fall garage sales, so perfect timing for me!

As usual, they sent out a list of the sales as well as a great map of the city. I picked out the most promising sales, including one selling G.I. Joes for Matthew. He still has money leftover from selling some things at a garage sale earlier this summer and just LOVED watching the cartoon last week.

Thankfully, most of the stuff was priced to sell. I just hate it when people try to make back almost what they spent on clothing. I won't pay over a dollar for shirts or pants and rarely over $3 for a coat or boots. There are so many sales that I know better than to snap up stuff at one...I prefer to wait patiently for that "perfect" sale. There were plenty of them today! I did find Anna's coat for $1.50 at one, a few shirts here and there, and then the last sale I hit was the best. I got a whole bagfull of shirts and sweatshirts for Anna for $3.20. She doesn't need pj's, but I couldn't pass up one pair with Boo from Monster's Inc. on them.

Matthew was a little disappointed at first b/c the G.I. Joes were the big ones and he wanted little action figures. The guy went down on the price and Matthew got one for $2. He's loving it right now, especially since it still has all of the parts and pieces. I can't imagine what it might go for on ebay! Ben was upset b/c he didn't have enough money for one, so I traded him the 50 cents I gave him for $2 and he went back and bought one as well. And of course, I couldn't pass up getting a Strawberry Shortcake doll for Anna that matches a blanket she was recently given. :)

And we were done by 9:30! Not too bad of a day!

No comments: