Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Naughty Stoplights

We've been pretty busy this week and I'll blog about what we've been doing when the week is over, but I had to share this Anna-funny.

A little back story: Two Sundays ago, the kids and I were headed home from the morning service and hoped to get there in time to see Rob before he had to leave for work. (He had left the service early.) We got to a stoplight just as it turned red and had to wait for the entire cycle before we could go. But the stoplight decided to skip our side of the street. Four times. The traffic backed up pretty badly as the errant stoplight continued to skip us. The kids and I were getting pretty upset and they asked what we should do. I told them we'd have to call the police (and it looked like someone behind us already was) and have them come out and help. The light finally did turn green, but we passed Rob as he was heading down the street.

Ever since then, the kids have called that light "the tricky light." As we passed by it tonight on the way home, Anna said, "That's the tricky light. If it skips us again, we'll call the police and they will come out and take that light away and lock it in jail forever!" Because that is apparently what happens to naughty stoplights :)

And I did explain that someone could just fix it, but after waiting so long to turn, I like Anna's solution better!

No comments: