Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saling

We went saling yesterday....garage saling, that is. Yesterday was the city-wide rummage sale and my mother and very pregnant sister came up for the sales. We went out from about 8am until 4pm and got some great deals. I found Matthew's summer stuff, more shorts for Ben, a baby gym for Anna (found that on Thursday) and some odds and ends for myself. I've decided to try my hand at soap-making, so I'm looking for the equipment at garage sales. I'm going to try the slow-cooker method, so I need a slow-cooker and various other items. I did find some stamp sets and a paper crimper ($3!!), but most people selling stamps wanted prices pretty close to catalogue prices. Hmmm...I'd pay that at a party for discontinued stamps, but not at a garage sale!

Anyway, we had a great time. The boys went with us for a few hours while Rob and Anna stayed home. They walked to some sales in the neighboorhood, so they had fun too. We dropped the boys at home and went out to some more sales. We girls did lunch at Upper Krust, then went to more sales.

Best deal of the day: Mom--brand-new indoor grill for $3.
Best buy of the day: Me--glass of scrumptious lemonade for 25 cents.
Most interesting purchase: Large jug used to hold Coke syrup back in the days of soda fountains (my husband is a Coke bottle collector) - $15
Funniest deal of the day: 3 for the price of 2 Bears hats sold by a Packers fan who wanted to get rid of them.
Biggest loss: $5 kiddies car that they can drive themselves. Sold before we got to the sale....had two battery packs and everything!!!

Spending time with my mom and sis and unborn niece......priceless.

2 comments:

Shanti said...

Sounds like you did good!

Right now...we're just trying to get rid of stuff!!!

Hey! Need an extra diaper pail? or a potty chair?? or.....anything? hehe.

The Harrisons said...

Sounds like a fun time (although I don't have the patience for garage sales myself). We are coming up on friday night late - Yay!