Friday, August 29, 2008

Conversations

One thing I love about my children's early verbal skills is all of the conversations they have. It's been fun to watch the development between Matthew and Ben and how they have become best friends. When they were in the same nursery together, they pretty much only played with each other (well, unless Matthew was organizing the entire nursery into a Peter Pan pretend or playing train.) Matthew loves to explain the world to Ben, with periodic corrections from Mommy and Daddy, of course. Matthew has even taken to asking Ben what he's learning in Sunday school, which is always the topic of conversation on the ride home each Sunday. It's so cute to hear the responses!

Just today, the boys were looking outside, waiting for us to leave and Ben saw a woman jogging. He said, "She's running!" Matthew said, "Well, I guess that's because she's in a hurry." (I'm guessing that's why you jog, Beverly??)

Ben also likes to inform us of his every move. After grocery shopping today, he said, "I had gas in the car." SO glad he informed us of that one....

Rob has a four day weekend and then it's back to school on Tuesday. He has four classes this semester, eight credits, so it shouldn't be too bad. He does not have a Greek class, so we're hoping his load will be a little lighter. The boys are always crazier for the first two weeks after school starts, so pray for my patience!!!

And all four of the Fulkerson babies due this year have arrived. Caleb Allen was born last night, a little early, but good sized. We're excited to have so many new little ones!

5 comments:

Megan R. said...

I'm looking forward to the day that my kids play nicely together. Normally Sela convinces Evan to come to her room to play, but he doesn't want to play HER way so she screams at him. Then he cries and tries to leave so she grabs him, drags him back into her room, and tries to physically force him to play her way. And when THAT doesn't work, she hits him. At that point the noise has escalated to the point that I have to intervene (and assume that somebody has lost a limb or is about to). It doesn't help that Sela is an extreme extrovert and Evan is an introvert. He'd be glad to be left alone to play by himself 85% of the time, while she needs CONSTANT interaction from somebody else...unless she's watching TV. Some days I wonder if I'm beating myself in the head with a hammer by choosing to home school her...

Unknown said...

Mine do have their share of fights but since they are boys, they just bash each other, get over it, and keep playing. :)

Joel and Cara said...

So many babies!! Thank you Matthew for the wonderful coloring pages! I'm so touched that you would write to me! You're such a wonderful little man!

Joel

Megan R. said...

I think I've figured out that my kids fight because Sela is really into role-playing and pretend, while Evan is more into mechanical/boy stuff like figuring out how things work, rolling cars around, stacking castles "up to the clouds!" with his blocks, and things like that. She would much rather play house or grocery store and gets really annoyed when he won't fill whatever role she has for him.

Beverly said...

I also enjoy listening to our kids chatter with one another! It does change...in some respects it gets easier because they can hold logical conversations and give and take, but in other respects the bickering just gets LOUDER and MUCH MORE ANNOYING!! So, Megan, I'm not sure whether that encourages you or not, LOL! And yes, I run because I'm in a hurry, of course! ;-) Too much to do and not enough time to do it all!!