Sunday, August 31, 2008

Anna and Diet Coke



My five-month-old daughter is a Diet Coke addict. No, she has not actually consumed any of the beverage...she just really, really likes the cans. Any time that somebody has a can of Diet Coke, she lunges for it. We tried a few experiments to see if she was, indeed, in love with Diet Coke cans. First, we put her bottle of formula and a Diet Coke can in front of her. Every time, she reached for the soda. Thinking that perhaps it was the shiny can she wanted, we tried a can of Diet Dr. Pepper and one of Diet Coke. She still went for the Coke (and dumped it onto my plate, thus spoiling my dinner.) My mom was playing with a Pooh bear and Anna was grabbing at it. Then, my dad held up a Diet Coke can. She immediately ditched the bear and lunged for the can. Maybe it's b/c I couldn't get enough Diet Coke was I was pregnant with her or she's just her grandpa's girl, but she loves Diet Coke. She will not taste any for quite some time (although she tried to put a bottle of it in her mouth today) but she's free to enjoy looking at the can!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, c'mon, be a sport and let her have some! It's diet. ;-)

A friend of mine let her 1-year-old drink her Starbucks coffees regularly, which I found very startling the first time I witnessed it.

Unknown said...

We let the boys have small amounts of coffee occasionally...they drink it black! Usually when they have "coffee" with Mommy and Daddy, it's tea or hot chocolate.

Anonymous said...

John only drinks his black, so that's the only way my kids have had it. He's into roasting his own beans now, so the kids have been sniffing a lot of coffee grounds lately. LOL

Shanti said...

maybe she likes silver and red. :-)

Melissa Litwiller said...

I totally understand...I'm a diet coke addict, too!