Monday, August 25, 2008

Story from the Bat Cave

Batman now lives in our home. Today, he was fighting crime with Robin. Their weapons of defense were a stuffed lizard and a teddy bear. They searched the house for crime to fight and both had to whack the Batsaucer and make Batgirl cry. Alfred rescued her and fed her a bottle of Batjuice. All was then calm in Gotham City....

In other news, I won 3rd place in the library reading program (didn't realize it was a competition!) and I will get a $40 gift certificate to a local bookstore, Tribeca. Rob didn't win anything so maybe I'll let him hold my certificate for awhile :)

And Anna is now mobile. Well, in reverse, anyway. She managed to scoot herself into the corner between the entertainment center and the wall. Once she hit the hardwood, it was smooth sailing! Maybe she'll go forward one of these days. Rob and I have a bet going on when she'll be crawling. Loser cooks the dinner of the winner's choice. I can just taste those mushroom and swiss burgers now....did I mention that my guess was end of September and Rob's is beginning of November? I think I've got this one in the bag! Rob guessed later b/c he doesn't want to babyproof yet :)

3 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Yeah, for you for getting that prize of a gift certificate. Congratulations!

Beverly said...

Oh, my stars. Anna can't possibly be old enough to be scooting herself around yet, can she?! WOW! Watch out! At least you're still "in the zone" with the mentality of babyproofing, etc. We really got out of that habit and were rudely awakened by our kamikaze toddler...

Shanti said...

congrats on winning!! woo hoo!

That mushroom and swiss burger sounds really good to me too!!