Monday, January 26, 2009

Free Dental Care???

So today I went to the dentist to have a tooth looked at. I loved the office, the dental assistants, and the dentist himself. I was very impressed with their facilities, their level of care, and the fact that they discussed all options with me, including prices, and left all decisions up to me.

What impressed me the most, however, was the bill. I was looking it over to see the specific charges. $55 for the office visit, $23 for the partial x-ray, and $0 for the tooth ache. Yup, that's right, my tooth ache was free. Now that's service! :)

2 comments:

Shanti said...

haha! So did they find out what was causing your toothache?!!
I went to the Walmart Pharmacy to pick up these prenatal vitamins I really liked. I had a free trial box that lasted for a week, and they didn't make me sick so I decided to try them instead of my regular multivitamin. They ring me up for $61.50!!! I said "How much of a supply is that?!" They said 30 days. I tried my best not to snort, and then asked if they were sure that was with insurance. So they double checked, and it wasn't. So I expect to hear something a little more reasonable and they tell me the price is $50!! I said "No thanks! Maybe if it was a years' supply--but not a months'!" Yeah. I actually said that. That was sooooooooo ridiculous for vitamins! It was primacare ONE vitamins in case you're interested...

Unknown said...

That's crazy!

And as you saw on Facebook, the tooth was extracted. It was pretty badly decayed. I'll blog about the experience when I don't have a two-year-old lurking about in the study.