Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hooray for Rob!

This morning, I went to our mom's group and Rob kept the kids home with him. He doesn't start school until next week and when I tried to volunteer him to be in the nursery (we're having trouble finding people so some of the mom's have been rotating turns in the nursery) he said he'd help by keeping ours at home. Good idea! By the time I got home, Ben was consistently peeing in the potty (standing even!) and had at least one bowel movement in there as well. Ben has finally gotten over his potty-anxiety and loves going potty now. Other than plying him with sweets each time he went, I'm not sure what Rob did, but I told him he can "babysit" anytime!

We found out this week that Rob only has to take six credits to finish his degree instead of nine. The other two classes he has already taken or are not necessary, so that's a praise.

Otherwise, we're doing pretty good. We're getting back into a normalish schedule after the holidays, althought it won't really be normal until Rob is back in school and we all adjust to his new work/school schedule.

And now I need to distract the 4-year-old by letting him on the computer to watch his Mickey Mouse.....

6 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Yeah, that he doesn't have to take as many credits as he thought he had to. And yeah for him(Rob) that there was tremendous accomplishment for Ben potty training. Congratulations to Ben and Rob.

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow Rob to come potty train Nicholas? Neither one of my boys have been very cooperative in the potty training area. Bribery has not worked with either of them. I'd love to be done with diapers!!!

Natalie

Unknown said...

Me too, but since Anna is only a baby, I have a few years to go. I've also been told that I'm flying solo when I potty train her. :)

Have you tried the underwear-only route? I hated to do it because it's so messy, but that is part of what worked with Ben. Rob taught him to pee standing up and he thought that was great fun.

I don't know...ultimately with both boys, it was just waiting until the training "clicked" and then giving them independence to go. Each child is so different. I've even heard of some kids who potty train themselves!

Shanti said...

Wouldn't that be nice...a child that potty trains themselves? Sounds like a fantasy. lol.

That's great that Rob doesn't have to take as many credits as he thought he would have to. Less stress!

Unknown said...

It does, but someone at church recently told me that her middle child potty trained herself. I'm kind of hoping for that route with Anna :)

Beverly said...

Congratulations to you and Ben! Woohoo! I'm hopeful (but not holding my breath) that Kenna may very well be trained before we move this summer. She seems very interested, and I've already told Charis that it's her job to train her baby sister. She trained Arden (sitting down, though, not standing!), and hey, she's the one who prayed for a sister, ha!!