Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Inauguration

Here at the Litwiller homestead, we had a great time watching the inauguration. It was rather thrilling for all members of the family. We need change. The old was getting worn down, tired, and smacks of a different era entirely. The new represents progress, enlightenment, and a departure from the decript ways of the old. It is too bad the the old left the new with such a huge mess to clean up, but the new is young and up for the challenge.

What? You think I'm talking about Bush and Obama? No way, man. We had bigger things going on around here. We got our new washing machine today! Yup, no more avocado green for us. We have a beautiful, state-of-the-art Whirlpool machine with all kinds of bells and whistles. Good thing, too, because the laundry was piling up around here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to wonder about you until I got to the second paragraph. Yea for a new washing machine! I got a new one a couple months ago, although my old one wasn't a beautiful avocado green like yours!

Natalie

Shanti said...

LOL! Yeah. I didn't even watch the inaugaration. Didn't want to get sick. ;-) I know. I know. As some would say, "You should have watched it for it's historical importance." Well, I've never watched an inaugaration yet, and I certainly wasn't going to start with his! So sue me! hehe. Hormones agoing.

Congratulations on your new washing machine!! :-)

Unknown said...

I never watch them either, although this one might have been worth it since the lines were flubbed up. And I read about people booing Bush as he left...that's just being a sore loser!

Unknown said...

I meant sore winner.

Beverly said...

Whew, girl, you had me worried about your sanity there for a bit!

I'm just so thankful that Ted and I were able to attend the 2005 Bush Inauguration when we were stationed in DC. No way would we have been caught up in all the "messiah worship" that was going on there Tuesday!