Thursday, February 26, 2009

She did it!!

Anna has finally taken her first independent steps. What I mean by that is she walked without any prompting. We were all watching a movie tonight and I looked over and she was toddling across the living room floor! Up to this point she would only walk between us and only with the code word "walkie." She wouldn't take one single step unless one of us said, "Walkie, walkie Anna!" She's finally having fun with it and her walking has gone from "parlor trick" to "Hey, I can actually go somewhere with this!"

Yesterday I was putting her a few feet in front of me and having her walk back to me while Matthew cheered her on. I didn't get her stable one time and she popped down onto her bottom. Matthew said, "No points, Anna. No cheating!" Didn't know we were keeping score!