Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Sick Day

Yesterday we had ourselves a Litwiller family sick day. Rob and I came down with this head cold thing in the middle of last week and were both feeling pretty terrible on Saturday. I did some e-mailing and one of the other nursery committee members told us she would take care of our responsibilities and we were to stay home. After waking up feeling pretty miserable on Sunday, we took her advice.

Ben was the only one not exhibiting any symptoms of the cold, so it was a pretty wise move. Matthew and Anna still have the cough (although they had no coughing fits last night!) and Rob and I were crummy. So, we did what we always do when we're both sick--we tag-team parented. Rob made our usual omelette breakfast and I did the toast. After eating, Rob worked on a ham for lunch and I threw together a little Sunday school lesson for the kids. Then we rested. Then I taught Sunday school and did a simple little craft with the children. Rob put in a Veggie Tale afterward and we rested. (Catching the theme?)

Usually when we're both sick, one of us ends up grabbing some fast food. Thankfully, we had a simple but yummy dinner already planned. Rob cooked a ham, I reheated a potato casserole I had made the night before and threw some steamable veggies in the microwave. Viola! Sunday dinner in a snap! After eating, we had a family rest time and the boys watched a movie while Rob napped on the couch and the girls napped upstairs. After rest time, Rob did run out to grab some frozen pizzas for supper (which I abhor b/c there are so many nasty things in frozen pizza) and I rested from my nap. Yes, I did rest from the nap b/c I woke up feeling worse!

We had a leisurely evening of watching Veggie Tales and playing with Daddy while Mommy read a book on the couch. It was a good day together and probably one of the easiest ones I've ever had while both of us were sick. Praise the Lord we made it through and that we're feeling a little better today. We're supposed to get a good snow storm tonight and tomorrow so we still won't be going anywhere for awhile (except for Rob to work) so we have a little more time to recoop. :)

1 comment:

Beverly said...

You're not supposed to be sick at the same time! :-) Hope you all get to feeling better soon.