Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Friday morning we rolled out of bed and hit the road by 7:30am. And then stopped at Wal-Mart on the edge of town to get some Dramamine for Matthew. I think they hid it on me, because I spent a very long time tracking the stuff down, only to find it tucked away in a tiny corner of the pharmacy. I purchased it and hurried to the car, handing Matthew a pill to take. A full adult dosage. Needless to say, Matthew spent most of Friday in a stupor and was unusually quiet :) Poor kid....we remembered to give him half a dose for the return trip!

Our trip down was pretty crazy, as we had snow the entire way. Rob and I were pretty awake the entire time and only hit a few icy patches. The worst ice was on the street turning into my parent's alley...slid right past the drive! When we arrived, we were greeted by my mom and my adorable niece, Makenzie. We had a nice lunch and then kicked around for most of the day eating yummy treats and enjoying being together. We opened gifts in the afternoon: Matthew received Lego Batman for the Wii, Ben got a spiffy rescue helicopter, and Anna got two Kai-Lan playsets. We also received many other small gifts and lots of yummy candy :)

My poor daddy woke up with the stomach virus that is going around (we didn't give it to him, thankfully!). We did have a nice breakfast with Mom, then we packed up the car to head in to Normal for the Litwiller Christmas. Family members trickled in throughout the early afternoon and then we settled down in the living room to open gifts. Rob and I were in charge this year and it went a little better, but I think the age of the children will prevent smooth present opening for a few more years yet. The kids all received lots of clothes, handmade pillows and towels, and one big gift each. Ben completed our Toy Story trio by getting Woody, Matthew got a new Star Wars Lego set, and Anna now has lots of new dress-up clothes to play with! There were all kinds of other gifts as well and a good time was had by all.

After supper, Rob and I, along with Ben, went over to visit his grandfather, who wasn't feeling well that day. We had a nice visit, then returned to put the kids to bed. They fell asleep pretty quickly, giving Rob and I some time to work on a weight-loss plan for myself. It's pretty elaborate, but I think it will work.

We attended church with Rob's parents the following morning. I decided to keep Anna with us in the service. She did okay for a while, then got fairly antsy. We walked for a bit then tried to rejoin the service, but she got bit pretty hard by that wiggle worm. I was VERY thankful when the service ended and I could dump her in Rob's arms, who had been interpreting for his dad during the service.

We ate lunch then packed up the car to leave. The kids all fell asleep within 30 minutes of leaving and slept until we were about 40 minutes from home. We let them get McDonald's for supper, using some gift certificates they had received for Christmas from our neighbors. They had a great time rediscovering all of the things they got for Christmas and kept themselves pretty busy until bedtime.

Today we had intended to rearrange the study and straighten it some, but Rob finally came down with a harder version of the stomach bug. I went grocery shopping instead and ran a few errands, then worked on some other things. The kids have had a grand time today playing with new toys and we even got Anna to take a nap this afternoon. Hopefully we'll be feeling better and more able to tackle the study tomorrow!

No comments: