Saturday, December 4, 2010

In the Christmas Spirit

Snow is falling outside and I just feel like I'm getting into the Christmas mood! We have the tree up and decorated and the rest of my decorations are up as well. We don't have a lot of surface area for many of my knick knacks, so I just put up the few I wanted to enjoy this year. We also are doing a sort-of advent calendar. It's a countdown calendar from Stampin Up. We sat down as a family last night and put the kit together, then hung it up on our wall. The kids are excited about opening up each box to find the goodies inside. Some days it's candy, other days fun family activities. Rob and I even wrapped presents last night!

Anna had her stitches out yesterday. Rob took her back to Urgent Care to have them removed. We didn't want her to associate her regular pediatrican with the pain of suture removal, hence the reason we took her back to the hospital. They had a bit of a wait, then the torture began. Rob said she sat a little better this time, but by the second stitch she was crying pretty hard. Her great-grandmother had sent her a card and a dollar, so when they were done Rob and Anna hit the vending machine for some M & M's.

We are continuing to work on the rearrangement of some furniture around here. The boys and I have switched dressers. They are finally to the point where they need more drawer space. I cleaned out some clothes I no longer need and found I don't need much space at all! So they have the bigger dresser and Anna and I are sharing the smaller one. Anna previously just had a soft box to store her clothing, so she's pretty excited to have a real dresser. Rob moved our bed so that the offending part of the frame faces the wall. Our room looks much bigger with the switch! The last thing we will do is move a bookshelf from our living room to the upstairs. We took it from some friends who needed to get rid of it, but we haven't had a real purpose for it until now.

The boys continue to do well in school. Ben is on lesson 73 of his reading book and we've decided to stop at lesson 90. There isn't much new information to learn after lesson 90 and I remember Matthew being so bored with the rest of the lesson book. I checked out some level 1 readers for Ben and he's excited to read "real" books. We have even filled out an application for his own library card. Matthew took a unit test on Friday over his first 10 math lessons and was a little intimidated at first, but he received a perfect score, so it wasn't quite so bad after all.

Time to finish my last little bit of decorating, then I'm planning to stamp away the rest of this beautiful snowy day!

No comments: