Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Black Hole

We have decided that our home is an electronic black hole, meaning our electronic devices are going haywire on us. Here's the list of crazy things:

1. Three major appliances have been replaced in one year's time. Granted, the old ones belonged to my grandma and were rather old, but still, that's kind of crazy.

2. The breaker for the dryer had to be replaced. (It works now, Praise the Lord!!)

3. Our phone takes "vacations" where it will not allow certain buttons to work, or all of the buttons, will ring but I can't answer, or won't ring at all when people call.

4. The cords from the DVD player to the TV have become increasingly touchy.

5. Our clocks keep uncoordinating themselves.

6. The alarm clock does not function properly and now makes a bizarre noise when the alarm goes off. Thankfully, we still wake to it and the boys no longer wake up to it.

I think that's it so far. We're guessing that the washer might be next. It is a Maytag, but it's that old avacado green, so who knows how old it is.

And the baby just moved. **smile**

4 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Maybe the whole wiring needs replaced.

And that move doesn't it put your focus on somewhere else, that the Lord is still here and will take care of you.

The Harrisons said...

I think we must have the same brand of phone. I can't even get mine to turn on anymore!

Megan R. said...

I think you need to call in a priest to get rid of the poltergeist!

*ducks and runs*

Shanti said...

oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize parking my spaceship in your backyard in invisiblity mode would so affect your electronics. My backyard just didn't have the room for it though.