Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sugar and Spice


...and all things nice, that's what litte GIRLS are made of. And, that's what we're having! Rob is so very excited (and I guess I am too.) She's doing just fine, so says the perinatologist.


As for names, we are deliberating between Hannah June and Anna June. We're leaning toward Anna right now, but we'll see. Anna was the name of a friend of ours from California who died of cancer a little over a year ago and so that is a special name to us. Also, AJ is a lot cuter than HJ. They mean the same, grace of God, so that's not a debating point. I did inform Rob that if she's born on the 17th of March that Erin would have to figure into the picture, but I haven't convinced him of that yet.


Matthew was less than thrilled at the idea of a sister. All along he's wanted a baby girl, but now he says that Ben can have a baby sister, but he wants a baby brother. I tried to point out that he already has one. His newest name suggestion is "Tweety Bird." His friend Angela says the baby should be named Kayla. Hmmm....I don't think either name is in the Bible.......


So, break out the ribbons and bows...we're having a girl!!!

7 comments:

The Harrisons said...

AAAAAAAAAAA!!! (That's what I just did :-)
Congratulations!! My cousin wanted his sibling (which turned out to be siblings) to be called Dora...I like Tweety Bird - maybe a nickname?

gpagmafulkerson said...

I think it is so great that you are having a girl. I love the two names you are trying to decide between, and especially like the
middle name. Wonder why?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! I checked earlier after Bible Study hoping you would post but no such posting - although the new pics are SO cute! I am SO excited for you!!!!

Talk with ya later,
Michelle W

Shanti said...

Well, I already told you how excited I was for you earlier! Don't forget to get all those baby girl dresses off of me. I knew I was saving them for some purpose. :-)

Angela has been fixated on the name Kayla for some time.

cardboardkiller said...

congratulations :)

Beverly said...

Congratulations!

"Hannah" has the advantage of being spelled the same forwards and backwards. I think that should be a strong reason to choose that one.

Unknown said...

Okay, Beverly, I can't leave this one alone....Anna can also be spelled forwards and backwards. Weren't you an English major????