Wednesday, October 17, 2007

General Update

We have had a very busy and interesting past few days here in the Litwiller household. Let's see if I can catch you up quickly:

Friday: Benjamin came down with a stomach virus, his first real bout of the stuff. After his initial "sickies" (as we call it), he faired pretty well. He didn't stop vomiting for about five hours, but he was pretty calm and rested comfortably on the couch. He slept pretty well that night, only waking up once for water, and then ate anything I'd let him the next morning! He picked up a few new phrases, like "All done" when he finished throwing up, "I spill" to inform me he had thrown up, and "Sickies all gone" the next day. He's completely back to normal now.

The weekend: We had a pretty nice weekend, although I had to learn that I am not well. I keep forgetting that I have bronchitis, so I do too much and then start coughing. Thankfully, the medicine has helped tremendously, so I am doing better.

Rob was able to get some work done, but he is still behind, so next weekend will be a very busy one for him. I doubt we see him much on Saturday!

Sunday night: My mom came up to spend a few days with us. She and Dad were going to go on vacation, but cancelled, so Mom came here for a few days instead. She treated us to Papa Murphy's after church, and that was nice. We hadn't had their pizza for several years after trying some nasty deep dish thing they had. The regular pizza is MUCH better and now that Rico's is gone, we may order from there instead! The kids love having Grandma here, although Ben kept asking for "Pa-pa" and didn't understand why his favorite grandparent (any grandpa) had to stay home. He keeps saying, "Papa house?" which means "Grandpa's at his house, right?"

Monday: We had a pretty good morning going grocery shopping and spending time with Grandma. We had planned to go to the library after naptime, but Matthew woke up with the flu. He's a little easier to handle, as he doesn't stay sick as long and can make it to the toilet most of the time. His problem is that he completely freaks out every time he gets sick. At one point, I thought he would hyperventilate! He went to bed early and slept okay that night. Now we're just hoping that Grandma doesn't catch it!

Tuesday: Ahh, the day I've been waiting for....we got our new dryer! My wonderful in-laws bought us a dryer for Christmas and it came yesterday. Unfortunately, the fuse keeps blowing, so our landlord is coming over today to check it out. We've been saving up the laundry, so there are large mounds of clothes yet to be done.

Rob came home after his first class thinking he had the flu. He slept for three hours, got up, and went to work feeling better. We think he may have had a very mild form of it.

We took the kids to the library, along with Wal-Mart in the evening. Mom bought me a winter coat and cleaning supplies (thank you, Mommy!) In the afternoon during naptime, I went to Maranatha for the Second Harvest food bank. The school gets food for off-campus students, faculty, and staff and we pay what we can. I got tons of snack food and drinks, along with a few baking items and such, so our pantry is full to bursting, praise the Lord!

Today: Mom and the boys are out for a walk right now (to the bakery) and she will be leaving this afternoon. It's been so nice to have her here, even for a short time. She did manage to straighten and clean my house while she was here. I laugh whenever I walk into a room, because I can tell she was there! Rob told her he's going to call and give her weekly updates to make sure I keep it clean. To that I say: you try having a rotten first trimester followed by a cold and bronchitis and see how clean your house is! I am feeling better now, so I'm sure the house will look better. Poor Rob...I always tell him he deserves a better housekeeper!

That's us!

5 comments:

The Harrisons said...

Poor mommy! Eóin had the "sickies" yesterday too but at least it was just milk. Glad everyone is doing better. Did you get a nice big coat to last through the pregnancy. I freezing by the time eoin came cuz I couldn't zip up my jacket anymore :-)

Oh - what happened to Rico's? So sad!!!!

Unknown said...

I did get a big coat...but the main thing is that I never even had a winter coat last year! I just layered and made due with what I had.

And Rico's has not reopened since the fire. I'm not sure if they will...I haven't heard, but the building is empty right now.

The Harrisons said...

I suppose you really didn't need one in California! Didn't even think about that...Bummer about Rico's - I loved their pizza with ranch dressing mmm....

Shanti said...

yeah, you've just had one sickness right after the other there.

Angela STILL has her cough. Just ridiculous. But anyways....

I'm just waiting to get that stomach virus thing. I'm sure it will come when I have something important planned. Yeah. I'm really optimistic aren't I?

So how are you doing with the flu bug?

Unknown said...

I'm finally feeling better. I had a 12 1/2 hour stint this time around, so normal. I've managed to keep down a bottle of Gatorade and three crackers.