Friday, October 5, 2007

Funny Moments

I haven't been feeling well lately (monster cold) and so I've had a tough time with the kids. (Like right now, as Matthew is yelling at me to fix the TV AGAIN!!!) But, I have had some cute moments.

Ben also has a cold and likes to wipe his own nose. He'll come up to the kleenex box and say, "Nose!" I hand him a tissue, his wipes his nose, then says, "Back!" Glad I keep the box out of reach or it would be full of slightly used tissues!

Today was "Mommy needs to repeat herself 90 times" day. Maybe it comes from working with high schoolers, but I do not like to repeat myself: after all, a three-year-old and a nineteen-month-old should obey the first time, right? Anyway, I got pretty frustrated and yelled, "Does Mommy have to repeat everything she says???" Matthew said, "huh?" Sigh.....

Ben had his 18 month check-up yesterday and it went well. Praise the Lord, no shots this time! He was cranky enough as it was. He does have some junk in his ear, so the doctor gave me a prescription for medicine in case it develops into an ear infection. He is 25 lbs 4 oz, 33 inches tall, and his head is still off the charts. He did pretty well except for when his privates were checked and I can't say as I mind him fussing about that! I'm thankful that I have a doctor that keeps things on the medical side. Some friends of mine have had trouble with a particular doctor in town that questions them about discipline. Rephrase: the doctor asks the CHIILDREN how they are disciplined. One friend has a five and a three year old: you can imagine how well that interview might go over. Needless to say, we've been passing info around our set to avoid that doctor. I understand the whole need to look for abuse, but it's really none of a doctor's business how a child is disciplined, especially if there are no marks or signs of abuse. I'm thankful we never had a pediatrician that asked, even in Cali. We had a sheet to fill out, but I just skipped that question and our doctor never asked about it.

I'm off to figure out why it's so quiet out there.....

3 comments:

Shanti said...

So let me know when you find out why it's so quiet out there.... :-)

Unknown said...

Matthew was rooting for snacks in the pantry...I think he's hit a growth spurt because he's eating everything in site!

gpagmafulkerson said...

Count to ten, take a deep breath, and repeat yourself they are just little ones. Even adults that I train need to be told twice, three times, it gets frustrating, and have been there, but I sometimes need to be told twice. Learning is a hard process for both sides.