Friday, October 12, 2007

Breathing Easy

I have alluded to my problems with this cold in my blog, but had not addressed the problem directly. I caught a cold about three weeks ago, and like so many others around here, could not shake the cough. The problem I was having in particular is difficulty breathing. I finally called my ob yesterday to see if she would approve an inhaler for me (I do have slight asthma) and instead got sent to urgent care for a pneumonia check! Thankfully, that was not the problem. Instead, they said I have acute bronchitis and the asthma problem. They gave me an inhaler and I haven't wheezed since! I had a wonderful night of sleep and have been breathing much better and coughing a lot less. I'm also on a steriod for a few days to open my airways. They said it was safe to take during pregnancy, especially since I won't be on it too long. It made me a little dizzy this morning, so I'm thankful that I have no where to go today, because I couldn't drive anyway!

My mom is coming here on Sunday and staying forever (right, Mom?) so that was very good timing on her part. Our prayer request right now is a financial one, because we found out that my medical coverage (through the state) will only cover pregnancy-related stuff, and this doesn't count. Thankfully, the medicine and inhaler were not too expensive, but we're dreading the hospital bill. Praise the Lord it wasn't pneumonia and I didn't have to be hospitalized. We might've had to sell one of the kids.....

I am feeling much better, so no matter how much we go into debt, it was worth it. I feel as close to normal as I've felt since I got pregnant, and that's saying something! The kids and I even made cookies today (snickerdoodles...my grandma's recipe) and it was nice to do something fun with them w/o all of the coughing, hacking, and other unpleasant side effects.

Oh, while Rob was in the waiting room yesterday with the kids, Matthew struck up a conversation with a guy waiting in there with his son. After a bit, Matthew asked Rob if he could go to the man's house sometime. Rob said, "Well, we don't know where he lives!" Matthew replied, "He lives in his house, Daddy!" Duh!!

3 comments:

Shanti said...

LOL! @ Matthew's comment! You didn't tell me what he said to that guy! That's great!

The Harrisons said...

Who needs a TV with Matthew around :-) So it must be coming up on finding out what you're having - I am waiting impatiently!!! Are you going to tell people? PLEASE DO! :-)

Unknown said...

I will find out Oct. 23rd. And don't worry...we don't hide anything! You'll know gender and name (hopefully) whenever we do. We just can't keep secrets!!