Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wanted

Wanted: One wife for a four-year-old.

Last night during devotions, Matthew informed Rob that he needed a wife. He then asked, "Daddy, when am I going to get a wife?" You know, because that's just something we can pick up for him at Wal-Mart. Rob told him to wait just a few more years before worrying about this problem.

During our reading lesson yesterday, Matthew could not keep still. I've had to move from the couch to the table in order to corral him more, but he still could not sit still. In exasperation, I said, "Matthew, would you please just sit still?" His reply? "Mommy, I'm just a wiggly little boy!" Point taken, I'll get out the five-point harness....

3 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

The old phrase , he has ants in his pants.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand the wiggles. At 61/2 Jonathan still cannot sit still. I've given up on it. If he's listening and learning like he's supposed to, I let him move around. I'm not sure what he does at school, though. Oh well, it's always different with mom!

Natalie

Shanti said...

ROFL!!! The wife thing totally cracks me up!