Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy 5th time at 29 to me!

Today is my 29th birthday, five times over. It's been a rather interesting day overall, one frought with adventure, excitement...no, wait, that was the latest Indiana Jones movie....

I was awakened this morning with a physical problem which persisted through the entire day. It put quite the damper on our fesitivites (and it's still bugging me) but I finally decided around 11am that I was going to do my best to shelve the problem (to my CU education friends, remember that from Dr. Frank's class??) We proceeded with the plans Rob had set for my day.

First off, Rob had the day off work b/c the Custom Shoppe closed for the week. He was going to take a vacation day anyway, so he'd have been home either way. When I came downstairs after my shower, he was busy making a breakfast of biscuits (he makes the best!), bacon, eggs, and coffee. I had several presents waiting for me as well. Matthew gave me a candle that smells like apples, Ben had a Dove chocolate bar for me, and Anna got me a six-pack of Diet Coke, which she tried to hide in her pack-and-play :) My in-laws sent a cute devo book and a picture frame with a necklace that I can put a pic into. Rob had made me a card with my stamp stuff (really a pretty good job for a complete novice) and had a list of things we would do that day. He bought me a yummy cake from the bakery downtown, although it was supposed to have just a pumpkin on it. The bakery got "cute" and added lots of Halloweenish stuff to it, but that's okay.

We went out for lunch to Upper Krust, which was good as usual. This time they had chicken pot pie..they were out last time we went. Oddly enough, we met up with a family Rob knew from Normal. Their daughter and her husband were married 1/2 hour before Rob and I and our children are the same ages (although we have one more.) That was kind of funny.

We went to Hat Creek Candle afterwards so I could get my free birthday gift and use my 50% off birthday coupon. I got a Cappuccino Hazelnut candle...I just LOVE the smell of coffee!! We came home and put the two youngest down for naps and then I went to the library BY MYSELF to pick out some new reading material.

On the spur of the moment tonight, we decided to take the kids trick-or-treating to the outlet mall. We already went on Sunday (Matthew was Dash, Ben was Eeyore, and Anna was a dalmation puppy) but we wanted to get the kids out and it just isn't my birthday w/o trick-or-treating. Since their costumes were still drying from Sunday, we hurridly put some things together for them. Matthew had an old dinosaur costume, Ben had some Bob the Builder overalls and a hardhat, and we put Anna in a Chicago Bears football uniform to scare all of the Packer fans around here. We had a blast and ran into a good portion of our Sunday school class and their children. Rob surprised me and bought me a Rachael Ray cookbook at the Reader's Digest store and then we all headed home for mushroom burgers, Rob style. Yummy!

The boys are now watching a video, Anna is sleeping on Rob, and I'm still in pain, but it was a good birthday. Thanks for all of the phone calls and cards from the family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot I was was going to wish you happy birthday yesterday! Glad to hear you had a good day. I'm also glad to hear one of your kids was Eeyore for Halloween. You know how much I love him! I tried to get Nicholas to pick an Eeyore costume from the second hand store where I got their costumes, but he picked Pooh instead. He was still cute!

Natalie

Unknown said...

Matthew wore the Eeyore costume the last two years. I got it at a garage sale for $5. It's a good quality Disney store costume, so it'll last through Anna for sure! Last year a Pooh and a Tigger came to the house so I had them pose with Matthew for a picture. Very cute!

Shanti said...

Sounds like you had an awsesome birthday! Three cheers for Rob!


Hope you get over your physical problem (whatever it may be). I'm trying to get rid of that head cold I told you about before. Well, now it's a sore throat. None of it has been too bad. Just bad enough to be an annoyance.