Monday, October 27, 2008

I wonder...

...if my family will ever be completely healthy again. We seem to keep passing a cold/cough around the house. I thought we were all over it, then Ben woke up around 4am with a cough. I gave him some meds (don't care what the experts say, cough medicine DOES work and DOES help them sleep!!!) and Rob took him downstairs to sleep. Rob can sleep through anything in any position, so that's why he took Ben. And then I laid awake upstairs listening to Ben cough off and on until he went back to sleep and then was joined by Matthew. Grrr....and then I woke up with the cough and stuff. I JUST GOT OVER MY COLD A FEW DAYS AGO!!!!

Hmm...but God it still good. All the time. He wouldn't constantly allow my family to be sick without a reason. Will it make the childrens' immune systems stronger so that in a future ministry when we have less accesst to health care they will be fine? Maybe. Could be another reason, but I'm not going to doubt Him. We'll just keep drinking our juice and we'll all be going on Shaklee vitamins in a little bit to see if that won't help us all. (If you've never heard of Shaklee, go to their website. Their success stories are amazing, especially those dealing with serious illnesses.)

So, coughing, hacking and wheezing, the Litwillers will march through this winter. Or crawl. Or possibly be carried on gurneys.

2 comments:

gpagmafulkerson said...

Hang in there. You and your siblings past cold/flu back and forth. Vitamins do help. Everyone should take them.

Shanti said...

Well, my kids got the cough too--maybe it wasn't allergies. The doctor did check her today and said it was mostly in her ?throat? but then gave a prescription for inhalers anyways.
David is pretty much over it. I kind of started on a sore throat, but after dosing up on my Vit. C and echinacea it's almost gone. Esberitox seems to have really helped my kids (it's a yummy, chewy form of echinacea and a couple other things that my Aaron Henkel said was good to give them), and cod liver oil. Of course, most kids aren't going to take that so they have a gummy bear form of the Omega-3's. They also have a gummy bear form of echinacea, zinc and vit. C at Walmart. I usually go to www.swansonvitamins.com for all my vitamins. It's about as cheap as Walmart except you can find some better quality stuff like the esberitox.
My cousins all used to sell Shaklee off and on.