Friday, October 23, 2009

Get Out of Here!

That's what we yelled at ourselves on Wednesday and we obeyed right away (with a happy face and a happy heart as the kids learn in the 2's and 3'd SS class at church.) We were all feeling better (all at least at 90% or better) so we went out for supper before church. Rob and I had been hording back an Applebee's gift card for a date, but we used it on the family instead. Since it was kids eat for 99 cents night, we fed the whole family on that card and still have a few dollars left. Then we went to church, which we haven't done for three weeks as a collective group. Anna was so eager to get into the nursery that she kept trying to open the gate herself! We heard many shouts of "You're all here!" as we walked around.

Yesterday we decided to go to a mall in Madison so I could use some Lane Bryant coupons that were about to expire. Silly things weren't good at the outlet 10 miles away, so we had to go to Madison, but that's okay. Rob and the kids wandered around while I shopped (and shopped...and shopped). There wasn't a play area but he did keep them occupied with some Auntie Ann's pretzels. After I found all the great deals I could (yes, part of my bday gift) we ate a light lunch and headed back home. Anna and I went out grocery shopping later while the boys cleaned up the house, including clearing off the porch for winter. It felt soooo good to get stuff done around here!

And today, I ran out in the morning to renew my driver's license. Then we all went to Maranatha for the yearly Dramatic Play Group hosted by the teacher of the 3-year-old Sunday school class at our church. The boys had a great time dressing in costumes and listening to stories. Anna wouldn't put on a costume, but she did have fun running around and visiting various offices with Daddy. I enjoyed chatting some with the other moms, so a fun time was had by all :)

Man, it just feels so good to get around! I did talk to one of the girls who babysits our kids and her family had swine flu in varying degrees around the same time we were all sick. I'm beginning to wonder if that isn't what we had, but wonder is all I can do at this point. I don't really care what it was...it's over and we're having fun being healthy!

No comments: