Saturday, August 21, 2010

Couponing it through Our Date

Rob and I went on our anniversary date today, one week late. I was too sick last week to enjoy some time out, so we rescheduled our sitter for today. After reflecting on the date, I realized how funny it was that we used a coupon at nearly every place we went.

After doing one event for my upline (I am now her assistant) I realized I needed a better pair of shoes. So we went to our local shoe store for some good, quality shoes that will hopefully keep my heels from hurting. And I had a $15 off coupon for them. We then went for lunch at Perkins (we have the #1 Perkins in the nation here...even the Dali Lama visited once!) and I had a coupon. Then we headed for Lane Bryant where I found a nice shirt....and used another coupon! Not bad! I've been wanting to start wearing jewelry again since I no longer have little ones that will rip things out of my ears or off my neck, so we headed to the Claire's outlet. No coupon there, but I did catch a sale :)

So it was a pretty nice lunch date and the kids behaved for their sitter. She had recently gone on a missions trip to Uganda, so she brought her laptop and showed them her pictures. They were very impressed! And they behaved well....always a good thing to hear.

------------------
And in the above story, I mentioned being my upline's assistant. Don't think I mentioned that in the blog before, but I was teasing her one day that she needed an assistant to keep her organized. She agreed and I was hired! I help at her major stamp events, craft fairs, and with prep stuff behind the scenes. I also make her deliveries, which I love doing in the new car. And I'm gleaning knowledge that I can use in my own stamp business. I love it!

No comments: