Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday Morning

Anna and I had an intersting conversation this morning. I was brushing her hair and started asking her questions.

Me: So, do you have any plans for today?
Anna: I'm going to Yoda's house.
Me: Oh, that's interesting. What do you plan to do there?
Anna: I'm going to play with the people there.
Me: Who's going to be there?
Anna: Jamie, Julian, and Kenzie. (Her cousins)
Me: What else do you plan to do?
Anna: I'm going to use the guns.
Me: Are there bad guys at Yoda's house?
Anna: No....

The boys were playing Star Wars this morning, so I think that's where she got her creative inspiration from. Thankfully, we have NO guns in the house (save colorful waterguns and Lego guns) so I'm not too worried.

Tuesdays we've decided to make our outing days. Rob has been getting a ride to work and we take off for the Farmer's Market/park. We didn't have any money this morning, so Matthew got some change from his piggy bank and treated his siblings to a honey stick. We took a nice stack of bread to feed the ducks, who were more than happy to have a nice treat. Anna still won't get too close, but Matthew had them eating right out of his hand...or at least snatching from his hand. We did see one duck with a bent bill, and Matthew prayed that the duck would be okay.

We'll be starting school on Monday. I want to keep our school year close to our church's school calendar so the boys' friends are off school same time as them. I'm fully ready to go (I think) and we're just going to have a bit of a vacation week for the rest of the week.

Friday we take off for Illinois. I'm doing a workshop for my mom and am spending some time with her on Saturday...alone!! I'll have my new stamping tote with me (Greenhouse Gala...for those who care) and I'm going to fill it up with fun goodies to play with. Can't wait!

No comments: