Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Busy Week

We've had a fairly busy week around here, and thankfully we've been well enough to enjoy it! Anna has developed a new cough, but it's not keeping her down so I'm choosing to ignore it. We're also all on Vitamin C now so hopefully that will help keep us from getting any sicker this winter.

On Tuesday I did inventory at Bass...my semi-annual job. I worked for five hours and had a grand time with the other workers. We ended up straightening the store at the end...something I had never done before, but it was fun. The kids were excited to see me home before bedtime. They had a great time with Daddy making tacos for dinner, playing Wii, and going to the library.

Wednesday night our Truth Trackers program started up again...sort of. Ben's group ran a normal program, but Matthew's group was missing the college student helpers, so the youth group ran an alternative program. He said it was fun, but he'd rather have a normal night. Miss Anna thought she got to go to Tiny Trackers since she sits in the service on Sunday nights now, but didn't fuss too much when she had to go to the nursery. And I finally returned to choir after a long break due to "the-cough-that-would-not-die."

Thursday morning was Morning for Moms. Our leader had gone through three speakers who all cancelled, so she asked me at the last minute to come up with two papercrafting projects. I had the ladies make a small Valentine's gift bag and a pocket card. We had a great time, even doing an after-Christmas white elephant. I got a jar of peanut butter (Jiff, even!) which is good b/c we are almost out! In the afternoon I had a meeting to prepare for a three-month craft workshop for our ladies missionary fellowship at church. There are two other ladies involved, one a fellow demo, and between the three of us I think we could supply the craft nights for a few years!

Friday I worked for my upline for just over three hours helping her get some things out of the way before she leaves for the Leadership conference next week. Then it was home to grocery shop and prepare for Matthew's Mommy and Me workshop this afternoon. We have five moms and ten kids coming, open house style, and I have one project for the kids and one for the moms. Matthew is excited to have them over!

Back in October, we had a book-a-thon to book workshops. Matthew wanted to help me out and have one of his own. He had project ideas, snack ideas, and a few other ideas and he was so serious that I went ahead and booked it! He doesn't even know that if there are enough sales he gets to pick something out of the catalog. It's officially my workshop, but he does enough card making on his own that I'll let him get the benefits. I even gave him my booking incentive and he made all of his own Christmas cards with it. With markers and multiple colors on the stamp...I was impressed with his work!

And the next post will probably be all about the workshop...hope it goes well!

No comments: