Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Early Morning Ramblings

Up late last night doing inventory at the Calvin Klein outlet, up early this morning because I couldn't sleep, and now I'm posting something on my blog. This should be insteresting :)

Matthew had his Mommy and Me workshop on Saturday and it was a great success. We had five moms and ten kids coming originally, not including our own family, so we knew the house would be hopping. It was open house style and we hoped that the visitors would be staggered in their attendance, which thankfully they were! We got a phone call late morning that two of the boys invited had stomach flu and their mom was disappointed, but we may get together with them later in the week.

The kids were so excited to have friends over and were very good hosts. Ben and Matthew hung up coats and helped get their friends settled. To have some semblance of order, I borrowed a long table and chairs and set it up in the living room. Rob supervised the children, who were making a candy bar holder with the Make-A-Monster stamp set. The moms went into the dining room to make a card of their own. Most of the moms were thankful they got to craft in peace! The youngest child in attendance was Anna, so Rob didn't have it too bad, but our own boys were a little too helpful at times. I'm so thankful for their excitement and enthusiasm, though. We get that channeled in the right directions and we'll have two amazing young men!

Matthew was so thankful for his party and kept thanking us all night long. He even cuddled up to me and told me he thought Rob and I were the best parents ever. I'm thankful that he recognized the amount of work that went into something like that. It was fun work and we'll do it again...a year from now so Rob can recover :)

Church on Sunday was wonderful for several reasons: We all went and are healthy and Rob and I are not on the nursery committee anymore! We even got an "I won't be there" phone call before church and I cheerfully told the person who to call and report to! So nice. I was also able to be in choir again...I missed it so much. Sunday night was rather humorous, as Anna fell asleep on me and kept drooling all over my shirt. She'd shift, and the drool spot would move. And then she snored.

Last night I did inventory for Calvin Klein, which was fun but different from Bass. It is a little easier to do CK inventory since I don't like any of their clothes and I'm not mentally shopping while I count and scan :) I did have to drive home in a bit of a snowstorm, but I kept Rob on the car phone the whole time and made it home with no problems. He thanked me for cleaning off the car for him in advance (ha, ha) but I think it snowed some more last night, so all I did was get off the first layer.

That's enough rambling for now. Time to fix breakfast and start the day!

No comments: