Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011!

Happy New Year to all of you! We had a fun day on New Year's Eve cleaning and straighting the study--seems like a never-ending job! We did play some Clue with the boys that afternoon, as we bought the game with the remainder of the Kmart gift card. I always loved that game growing up and I do believe that I never once beat my grandmother at it. I had the best game-playing grandma--she always played to win! None of this pampering the grandkids stuff for her...I think she even knocked my ball in the neighbors garden during a croquet game once.

Enough of that rabbit trail...anyway, we went to our church's New Year's Eve service that night and Anna did pretty well in the service. Rob had to take her out one time and she shaped up after that....and fell asleep. Afterwards we came home and Rob made Chex Mix and hot chocolate. We ate, played Wii, and then settled down to watch a Star Wars movie around 10:30. By then Anna had conked out, so we had the boys get into sleeping bags, hoping they would fall asleep as well. Nothing doing...they were determined to make it! Rob left us for bed around 11:15 and the boys and I made it until midnight, when we went upstairs for bed.

The next morning, we groggily got up around 7:30 and then I was headed out the door to work for my upline's Birthday Bash. I had a great time chatting with the ladies and helping out while Rob went nuts with the kids. For some reason, staying up late made them wired! Rob was begging to get out when we got home, so we went to a mall that had a Macy's so I could spend my card. The last time we went to that mall I was pregnant with Anna. The boys enjoyed it, then we headed for a Sears so Rob could spend his gift card, then came back home. I was pretty beat by that point, so I just relaxed for the rest of the night.

It's back to our regular schedule this week and I'm excited to get some normalcy to our days. The boys are NOT so excited to start up school, but I know they love learning so I don't believe them one bit when they complain :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Mabel was the same way about playing games with her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She was out to win and wanted us all to learn how to have fun even if we lost.